Porcelain veneers provide a perfect way to conceal the small flaws in your teeth that can make you feel self-conscious about your appearance. Dr. Linda Trotter, your Jacksonville, FL, dentist, explains how veneers can improve your smile.
What are veneers?
Veneers are thin shells that are attached to the front surfaces of your teeth, concealing minor imperfections. They're made of porcelain, a material that looks very similar to your natural tooth enamel. Veneers can be used to change the appearance of one tooth or all of them.
How can dental veneers help me?
Dental veneers are used to treat a variety of cosmetic issues, including:
- Chips and cracks: Chips and cracks disappear from view with the addition of veneers.
- Spacing issues: Veneers offer a simple way to cover slight gaps between your teeth. If gaps are large, orthodontic treatment may be a better option.
- Discolorations: You don't have to live with discolorations due to tetracycline use, root canal treatment or large fillings. Veneers cover discolorations very effectively and can be made to match the exact shade of surrounding teeth.
- Short teeth: A short tooth can make your smile uneven. Adding a veneer is an excellent way to cover a tooth that's shorter than surrounding teeth, although if the tooth is very short, a crown may be the better option.
- Teeth whitening: If your teeth are dull, yellow or stained, adding veneers instantly whitens and brightens your smile. Because veneers are highly resistant to staining, you won't have to worry that the foods and beverages you consume will dull them.
Getting veneers is easy
Dental veneers don't require extensive dental work and can be completed in just two visits to your Jacksonville dentist. During the first visit, your dentist will lightly file your teeth to ensure that the veneers will fit properly. In some cases, filing isn't necessary. After your teeth are filed, your dentist will make an impression of them, which will be sent to the dental laboratory that will create the veneers. You'll leave the office with temporary veneers and return in a few weeks to receive your permanent veneers. Your dentist will cement the veneers on to your teeth and use a special light to help them bond to your teeth. You'll leave the office with a brand new smile.
Do veneers sound like the perfect solution to your dental issues? Call Dr. Linda Trotter, your Jacksonville dentist at (904) 389-3451 and make an appointment to learn more about veneers. Transform your smile with dental veneers!
For any questions or additional information please call our office at
|Monday:||7:30 AM - 4:00 PM|
|Tuesday:||7:30 AM - 4:00 PM|
|Thursday:||7:30 AM - 4:00 PM|
|Friday:||7:30 AM - 12:00 PM|